It is the intent of the Generator Focus Group to facilitate knowledge, sharing of lessons learned regarding compliance matters,
and ideas relating to Generation to promote best practices that help ensure the reliable and secure operation of the Bulk Electric
System/Bulk Power System.
This group serves as a central point of communication to support the Western Interconnection Compliance Forum ("WICF") as it relates
to key generation issues. This group will facilitate knowledge and sharing per its mission statement, but will also serve as the
technical liaison between the WICF membership and regulatory groups that WICF interfaces with. Communications outside the group will
be facilitated through the WICF Steering Committee as appropriate - the WICF SC Sponsor will provide direction on external
Activities, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Generator Focus Group performs activities such as:
- Identifying applicable standards subject to compliance monitoring
- Identifying areas of concern
- Establishing industry best practices for compliance, including information sharing
- Maintaining an open line of communications with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation ("NERC") and WECC for dissemination of information and feedback.
- Considering/Discussing/Sharing Compliance options and practices
- Communicating efforts to WICF membership
- Interfacing with regulatory authorities as appropriate
- Supporting WICF initiatives as needed
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the group
- Periodic conference calls, webinars, and meetings.
- Email communication between group members
- Work groups may consider developing templates for achieving compliance
- Develop understanding of future standard impacts
- Work with others as appropriate to understand issues and communicate with WICF Membership
- Provide Focus Group Updates at WICF Meetings as appropriate
- Discussions with NERC and WECC regulators from time to time
Participation in Generator Focus Group is open to all active WICF members. Non-WICF members that may be allowed to participate as a
guest with the consent of the Focus Group Chair and WICF Steering Committee Sponsor. The Focus Group Chair will announce the non-WICF
member as a guest during calls and meetings. If interested in becoming a member, you are encouraged to join by contacting the Chair,
Vice Chair, or WICF Steering Committee Sponsor.
The Focus Group may choose to select a Chair and Vice Chair using simple majority voting. The nominee that receives the most votes is
selected. A Sponsor will be appointed by the WICF Steering Committee.
The focus group reports directly to the WICF Steering committee.
Revisions to the charter will be developed by the Focus Group and approved by majority vote of the WICF Generation Focus Group.
Version 1 Date: August 15, 2012 – Founding Charter for GOTO
Version 2 Date: May 15, 2013 – Generator FG Charter revisions.
Version 3 Date: September 18, 2019 – Revisions to align with template