Approved by the WICF Generator Focus Group on May 15, 2013
It is the intent of this Focus Group to facilitate knowledge, sharing of lessons learned regarding compliance matters, and ideas
relating to Generation in order to promote best practices that help ensure the reliable and secure operation of the Bulk Electric
System/Bulk Power System.
This group serves as a central point of communication to support WICF as it relates to key generation issues. This group will
facilitate knowledge and sharing per its vision statement, but will also serve as the technical liaison between the WICF membership
and regulatory groups that WICF interfaces with. Communications outside the group will be facilitated through the WICF SC as
appropriate - the WICF SC Sponsor will provide direction on external interaction.
This Charter is designed to guide the efforts of this volunteer group by:
1. Identifying applicable standards subject to compliance monitoring
2. Identifying areas of concern
3. Establishing industry best practices for compliance, including information sharing
4. Maintaining an open line of communications with NERC and WECC for dissemination of information and feedback.
5. Considering/Discussing/Sharing Compliance options and practices
6. Communicating efforts to WICF membership
7. Interfacing with regulatory authorities as appropriate
8. Supporting WICF initiatives as needed
- Periodic meetings
- Email communication between group members
- Work groups may consider developing templates for achieving compliance
- Develop understanding of future standard impacts
- Work with others as appropriate to understand issues and communicate with WICF Membership
- Provide Focus Group Updates at WICF Meetings as appropriate