Membership in WICF is open under one of the following eligibility requirements:
Anyone currently employed by a NERC Registered Entity operating in the Western Interconnection,
Anyone under contract by a NERC Registered Entity to perform work related to NERC compliance for that Registered Entity,
Anyone employed by a company which has received written confirmation from WECC of a pending NERC registration, or
Members of industry organizations whose membership in WICF is approved by the WICF Steering Committee.
Each member may choose to enter a vote for any ballot issued by the Steering Committee to the Membership.
Please note that in those WECC jurisdictions where a registry is held separate from NERC, that region's registry
will be considered the equivalent of the NERC Registry.
WICF Membership Application Process:
Applicants employed by qualifying current/former Registered Entities or industry organizations:
- Go to the WICF Groupsite Login page.
- Not a member of WICF? Click on the "Join Now!" link at the bottom of the web page.
- Groupsite will begin the process for you to enter the necessary information to create a membership request (Request).
- Complete required entry fields and click on the "Join" button to submit the Request. Note that if your email address is already associated with a Groupsite account, the “Already have a Groupsite account?” link must be utilized to avoid an error message.
- After the Request is submitted, log into the Groupsite account created by (or used to initiate) the Request and ensure the following entry fields are populated correctly:
Groupsite will notify the administrators to review the membership request. The applicant will receive email confirmation of Membership Service’s acceptance,
request for further qualifications, or rejection.
- First and last name,
- Email address must be hosted by a NERC registered entity; private domains such as yahoo.com,
hotmail.com, and msn.com will result in a rejection,
- City and State where the applicant's office is located,
- NERC registered company name - must have operations within the Western Interconnection, and
- Applicant's job title.
Applicants under contractual agreement to perform NERC compliance work:
- Send an email to Membership Services with the following information included:
- First and last name of applicant,
- Consulting firm name if applicable,
- Job title, and
- Contact information for employee of a qualifying Registered Entity who can verify the contractual agreement.
- Complete the Groupsite Login
request for membership described above with the exception of for item “d”: – if employed by a consulting firm, enter the name of the firm; or if under an employment contract with a NERC Registered Entity, enter company name in this format: Contract with [Entity].
If you are having trouble joining WICF or have lost your password or log-in information please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.